Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My induction oven is not sensing the divider that turns it

Customer Question

hi john my induction oven is not sensing the divider that turns it into 2 seperate ovens!!!
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is about 2 years old. it is a model #ne58h9970ws
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i have company coming over in 3 hrs.!!! i just self cleaned the oven for the first time the other day!! this is the first time i have put the divider back in the oven!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the senser switch on the right side seems stuck and will not push in?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for not replying after filing out all my info!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no hurry its only thanksgiving and im expecting lots of company!!!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
this is first time i have used the long self cleaning oven feature! obviosly there are some drawbacks? not bad for $3,000.00 stove?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

The switch may need to be replaced or it may be able to be lubricated. If you place a drop or two of oil on the plunger, will it move then? See the switch body at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I put WD 40 on the plunger yesterday. It's seem to have no effect? I took I took a hammer and tapped on the switch. It's still did not move! I then Took the divider and continue to try to insert it by moving it in and out with increasing force. I was eventually able to get the divider seated in the pin pushed in !The spring doesn't seem to function anymore as when I remove the divider the switch does not pop out. It has to be pulled out manually. This is first time that I have used the self-cleaning function. Obviously it compromised The integrity of the switch! I know this because prior to cleaning the oven the switch moved in and out freely !
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

The extreme heat may have done just that. It may be jammed beyond where you can see from inside, too. The switch will probably need to be replaced.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Don't understand? Shouldn't the switch be made to handle that heat of the self-cleaning function? Do I have to purchase a new divider switch every time I use the self-cleaning function?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

It should be able to withstand it, yes, but it hasn't. It may just be jammed back behind the oven wall. Have you inspected that part?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I haven't . I have a house full of people that arrived from out of town yesterday for Thanksgiving. I was unfortunately hosting and discover the problem about 2 hours before guests started arriving! I am very disappointed in Samsungs quality! This stove is a top end product and I expect better craftsman ship for the exorbitant amount of money I have spent!! How much does a new switch cost?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

It is less than $20 + shipping. It is below.

CLICK HERE