Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kitchenaide convection oven has stopped working saying

Customer Question

My Kitchenaide convection oven has stopped working saying cooling fan is running too slow. Have tried converting to regular bake and that will not work either
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do for this issue other than replace the cooling fan which is on the back of the oven. There is a magnetic hall sensor built into the fan motor which monitors the speed at which the fan rotates so if it's not rotating fast enough it won't allow you to use the oven for safety reasons. You can try to leave the unit off for longer (maybe an hour) to see if allowing the unit to cool down will get the fan to run back up to speed but even if that works then when the oven gets hot again it'll likely slow the fan down and give you this error which is why the fan will need to be replaced. This is not something you can just bypass for temporary use either. I'm very sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?