Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Deacon Esc130sch oven. The oven turns on and the

Customer Question

We have a Deacon Esc130sch oven. The oven turns on and the display seems to work fine but the oven takes a really long time to reach temperature and last night we set it for 350 and it only ever got to 275 after 60 minutes. What part is likely having problems? We turn it off waited and reset it twice, still never got over 280
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Decor Esc130sch about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

OK so generally when the oven takes too long to heat, it means that your bake element itself has failed, but it could be the relay board as well so you need to test. The oven will still heat on bake because the broil element is turned on at 30% to help preheat the oven faster. But the bake element should be on 100% of the time and if it's not---it will take forever to heat up and won't reach the desired temperature. You need to turn the circuit breaker off to the oven and then remove the bake element. Test continuity and if it's open -- replace it. If it for some reason does have continuity, that means your relay control board has a bad bake relay and the board above the oven would have to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.