John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

How do I replace the globe in a Whirlpool microwave, model

Customer Question

How do I replace the globe in a Whirlpool microwave, model AVM230/WP/WH please?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: May be 12 years old. Model AVM 230/WP/WH.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Looking at the front, the light is on the left side, just inside the door. No screws, but the glass is in a plastic frame which looks as if it can be levered out. The glass in frame does move up and down a couple of mm, but I can't lever it out. There's a trick to it I guess...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

DO you mean replace the light?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the globe has blown and I want to replace it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you able to advise me on how to remove and replace the globe?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I have not received an answer to my question within the past 29 hours, I would like a refund, please. I paid $39 in good faith, expecting to get assistance with my query. I have had no replies since yesterday and no assistance. Please refund the payment of $39 ASAP.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

DId you remove the upper grill on the microwave?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I have not

OK watch this video the procedure is nearly the same for your unit.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My Whirlpool microwave, model AVM230/WP/WH is nothing like the GE microwave in the Youtube video. The light on my machine has to be accessed from inside the oven. The light is placed on the left interior wall with no access from the outside.
As I have not received an answer to my question, I would like a refund, please. I paid $39 in good faith, expecting to get assistance with my query. I have had no practical assistance. Please refund the payment of $39 ASAP.