Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My frigidaire washers starts for a couple seconds then

Customer Question

my frigidaire washers starts for a couple seconds then stops
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its about 10 years old model # ftf2140es0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I already cleaned out pump and checked latch reistance, and checked belt and motor.. I think it is the speed control board
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Is water coming into the unit at all? Will the unit allow you to change the settings such a cycles or what not?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

The problem could be with the main control board which honestly is really expensive to purchase just the part.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Frigidaire-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/137005000/1464889?modelNumber=FTF2140ES0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b2d926227

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does let water in for a couple seconds. If I do the prause control test it does everything just for a couple seconds. Fills, drains, door lock, door unlock etc
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

yeah if everything is functioning as it should but will not complete a cycle as normal then your control board is the problem and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is that the one on the front of the machine with all the bottoms?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

yes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What would you sugest for a good basic large washer. Don't want/need any bells and whistles
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can I test the control board?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

top or front loader?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We were thinking going to a top loader
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

sadly not really it just has to be replaced and if it does not solve the issue which I do not believe will be the case for yours because that is what your problem is but if it doesn't fix your problem you can return it and get your money back.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I personally suggest Maytag or whirlpool brands. they seem to work the most efficent and last longer. There are lot of sales this weekend on appliances.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's good to here because that's almost the price of a new washer.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

yes its crazy the prices of some parts for units. I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.