Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

AN EDRROR CODDE OJ MY KITCHAID GAS RANGE, F8EO, IT JUST

Customer Question

I AM GETTING AN EDRROR CODDE OJ MY KITCHAID GAS RANGE, F8EO
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: IT JUST HAPPED TONIGHT WHEN i TURNED IT ON
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF ITS EASY
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: iTS BEEN A PERFECT STOVE TILLL THE OVEN STARTINED DOING THIS
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ITS THE OVEN WIUTH THE CONVECT ANFD LOWS TEMPP C;EANING
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

F8E0
Cooling Fan Speed Too Low
Fan speed below 500 rpm, either because the fan is spinning too slowly or because there is a problem with the Hall Effect sensor.

When will occur:
Within 20 seconds of a fault condition when cavity temperature is above 170°F (77°C).

RECOMMENDED CORRECTIVE ACTION PROCEDURE

1.Unplug range or disconnect power.
2.Pull the range forward and remove the top access cover.
3.Verify there are no obstructions in the blower. If there is an obstruction, remove it and go to Step 6. If no obstructions, go to Step 4.
4.Disconnect control board connect or P5 and check the fan motor for 105Ω resistance between P5-1 and
P6-3. If the motor test is not good, replace motor and go to Step 6. If motor tests good, go to Step 5.
5.Check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7 connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1. If test
is good, go to Step 6. If test results are not correct, replace the Hall Sensor.
6.Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7.Plug in range or reconnect power.
8.Start a cook cycle and check for proper operation.
9.
Enter the diagnostic mode to view the “Faults” screen. Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear each Fault code(s).

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.