Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My refrigerator is not working, it is showing the setting

Customer Question

my refrigerator is not working, it is showing the setting the temperature setting of OF on both refrigerator and freezer side, the model number of the SAMSUN refrigerator is RFG297
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old, is RFG297HD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, I need help bad to sore my food right now
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 14 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The unit is in Demo Mode you need To cancel Cooling Off mode, touch and hold the Energy Saver and the Power Freeze buttons again for 5 seconds.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.