John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I purchased my gas range in august of 2016. when I turn the

Customer Question

I purchased my gas range in august of 2016. when I turn the oven on it comes on and heats to the temperature I picked but it wont stay on.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I purchased the gas range new at lowes in August of 2016. so 3 months old. It is a whirlpool freestanding 5 cu ft self cleaning gas range.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can yes since tomorrow is thanksgiving and I have to cook a turkey
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 14 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit? It should be on the frame when you pull the drawer open.