Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a panasonic microwave oven which has just died. It's

Customer Question

I have a panasonic microwave oven which has just died. It's around 12 years old. Is it worth repairing? And if not, it was encased in a "microwave oven trim kit" what states that only certain panasonic models can be used on it. Unfortunately, I no longer have the user manual. Any advice?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's around 12 years old. It's called "Invertor". I've look over every square inch on the microwave and have found these numbers one of which may be the model number: Type S333; F00067601CP; F10001.5X00AP (an arrow pointing to the left) F10016H60AP. There's also the name "The Genius".
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened yesterday. I've shut it down and waited for an hour and then turned it back on. It appeared to function quite well for a short period of time. Then it shut down again. I tried once more and the shutdown was almost immediate.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

This is not worth repairing due to the costs of the repair and parts availability. You can get a new unit with a new trim kit though as a lot of microwave suppliers offer that. I would suggest getting the dimensions and going into a local big name appliance store in your area with those dimensions and get a new one that will fit the space.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.