Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The ice maker keeps freezing over after the line have been

Customer Question

the ice maker keeps freezing over after the line have been thawed out. What do I try next.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: GE model GSH25JFREcc
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it isn't too complicated, yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

If the unit keeps freezing over, either the electronic water valve isn't sealing off properly or the water pressure isn't good going to the refrigerator. Make sure you have good pressure going to the water dispenser and if not try replacing the filter otherwise you'll need to fix the water supply to the refrigerator. Other than that, if the water pressure out the dispenser is good, you need to replace the electronic water valve because it's not sealing up properly so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.