John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model $#GS6SHAXMS00,

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model $#GS6SHAXMS00, that stopped making ice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Refrig purchased 2003, model # GS6SHAXMS00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on difficulty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am 85 years old and not much invovlved in do it yourself projects. If too difficult I will have to get a service person.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?