Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My oven door will not unlock after self cleaning cycle

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First try killing power to the unit at the breaker or unplugging the unit for a few minutes, restore power start a new self clean cycle let it run for 30 seconds to a minute then cancel the self clean and the door should unlock, if not there is a component failure of some sort and I will need the model number of the unit to help you further. Let me know if it works or not, thanks.

also the oven will have to cool first before the door will unlock so if the cycle just ended and the oven is still hot the door will remain locked until it cools off enough.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The latch has some rust on it so my husband cleaned it off and locked the oven again and unlocked it very easily.

ok great, Happy Holidays and please read below:

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!