Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Why does water drip from water dispenser on a whirpool side

Customer Question

why does water drip from water dispenser on a whirpool side by side refrigerator model ed22mm purchased 1988 thank you
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 1988 whirpool refrigerator model ed22mm side by side nofrost fridge
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If you're getting water dripping from your dispenser, it means that your electronic water valve isn't sealing up properly and the valve on the back of your refrigerator down by the compressor needs to be replaced. This is the part that your water supply hose from your house connects to on the refrigerator itself so just follow the water supply line to locate the part. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?