Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Samsung DV45H6300EG/A3 powers on and can set functions, but

Customer Question

Samsung DV45H6300EG/A3 powers on and can set functions, but when you hit the start button the dryer does not run. Unplugged it for a few hours and then plugged it back in and was able to dry a couple loads and now wont' start again. Was going to test ohms on main board, but not sure which wire is neutral wire.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

When that happens either the belt is broken or the thermal fuse on the blower housing is burned out, check those two things and it will be one of them. The thermal fuse is the small round black device on the blower housing with 2 wires to it, it has to have continuity.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought once the thermal fuse blew, it does NOT reset, so that is why I didn't think that could be the issue. Already pulled the top. The belt is fine.

Check that thermal fuse on the blower housing it is on the backside of the blower housing that always goes bad for that issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have continuity on the thermal fuse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also validated belt switch has continuity until lever tripped as expected.

Jumper that fuse out and try it

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am clear, you want me to jumper between the connections on the cable, correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, computer person, not an electrician. LOL

Yes the two wires then try it. and make sure you are doing that to the small round thermal fuse

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Done. Now, am I going to have to completely reassemble everything to test it out?

ok sounds good

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still a no go. After several tries it might start. On the tries that don't work either it makes no noise other than light click like it is tripping relay but nothing further or sounds like it tries to start but stops like a quarter second later and stops.

The only thing that will cause that issue is a bad control board, the relay on the board is bad then. Just make sure that the wiring to the motor is good and tight, but other than that the control board is bad.