Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My sears microwave has gone blank, not working, is it

Customer Question

my sears microwave has gone blank, not working, is it possible it is just a fuse, as this happened in my older model.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5 yrs old Kenmore, Model###-##-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know nothing else to ask you about this.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 18 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Yes there is an internal fuse in the unit that has likely blown. It is normally on the power filter board on that unit. Normally you can remove the upper grill then the screw above the console. Lift up on the console to rock it forward to access the internal parts inside and get at the fuse.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.