Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Is there a way to drain a kenmore washer Model #

Customer Question

hi, is there a way to drain a kenmore washer Model #***********? maybe some kind of maintenance sequence? I believe the belt may possibly be broken from overloading..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So this unit doesn't actually have a belt which means that if the unit isn't draining the motor isn't running because the pump it attached to the main drive motor. That being said, if the unit was overloaded and the unit isn't draining, it typically means that your lid switch has broken. There is no way to do a sequence and force the unit to drain on this model and there is no diagnostic mode. You may be able to reach under the top panel and locate the latch on the right side if it broke off and then hold the switch down to simulate the lid being shut, then the unit will drain and spin. Other than that the entire outer shell would need to be removed to replace the lid switch assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?