Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a quiet partner iv dishwasher that has the clean

Customer Question

I have a quiet partner iv dishwasher that has the clean light flashing and does not enter into a wash cycle
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: it is a whirlpool quiet partner IV and I do not know how to do the diagnostic test cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: there is no other option if I want to have a dishwasher (other than myself) for family in for Thanksgiving
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another. If the error does go away and comes back the next time you run a cycle then there may be a reason for it related to the water not heating, but for now just try to reset the board and you should be good to go again.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?