Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The small drain hose on my of washer is completely clogged

Customer Question

Hi the small drain hose on my of washer is completely clogged How can I clean indside it
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Lg 4 years okd
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: For now yes lol I already drained the machine and removed the filter
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It says true steam on the front Can't find model number
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

If the small drain hose is clogged, it's best to just blow compressed air through the hose and that'll clear it out. If not, then a small pipe cleaner can be shoved through the hose to clear it out. Typically soap scum and grime just build up and clog the hose by that drain catch with line not allowing water to come out that hose so as a technician we just blow compressed air up through the hose and then water will drain out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?