Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We are attempting to replace the heating element in our

Customer Question

We are attempting to replace the heating element in our dryer. the part number for the element is(###) ###-####(on the box) from our appliance parts store. The dryer model number is: MEDB850Y
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag. Purchase year 05/2012 Model & Serial # is: MEDB850YW0 M14713909 THANKS FOR YOUR HELP Can you give instructions for removing the heat element/encasing, etc?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. My husband will be doing it. He is a retired maintenance tech for a hospital. He has done many appliance repairs.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How to get it out. Screw was found, but can not get to it from logical method.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So unfortunately replacing this element will require disassembling the entire dryer to even access the heating canister. Once you remove that you can split the canister apart to replace the element inside which is very straight forward but taking the dryer apart and removing the drum is quite complicated so below is a video that will show you how to do this.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?