Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have 14 people coming for TG dinner. I went to clean my

Customer Question

I have 14 people coming for TG dinner. I went to clean my oven and it didn't heat, but the door keeps locking and unlocking HELP!!
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its old. Its a Dual Fuel Professional I think the serial number is ***** one of the covers?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know how I can get someone out tonight! ARRGH!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where did John go?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The door will continue to lock and unlock because the switch on the latch doesn't think it's in the open position. You can try to flip the circuit breaker to see if the latch will reset but if that doesn't work, the latch would need to be replaced before you can use your oven again. If it does reset, don't try to use self clean until after you replace the latch because you likely won't be so lucky to reset the problem a second time.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?