Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a microwave Inverter 1200W, modèle

Customer Question

I have a microwave Inverter 1200W, modèle NN-SD780S\NN-SD980S. There is a problem because, when we open the door, the microwave start immediately to microwave. I have reprogrammed and tried to find a way to correct that, but nothing work!! What can be done, garbage no good anymore or???
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is more than 12 months, maybe 18 months ??? Something like that.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is like this for 3 weeks. I have shut down by the wire to the wall, than reprogrammed as if it was brand new.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to fix the fact that the microwave start anytime I am opening the door without programming anytime on it, or putting things inside
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

This isn't a programming issue and not something you can just reset I'm sorry to say. Either you have a faulty door switch or you have a bad display control board. There are 3 door switches and if one of them is bad then when you open the door the unit will "act" like it's running but it won't actually heat anything. You'll need to take the microwave apart or get a technician to take it apart and test all the different door switches to see if they all work when you open and close the door. If one of them is bad replace it---if they all check good then the display board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?