Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

About 2 months ago I turned the ice maker (U-Clr 2160B-40)

Customer Question

About 2 months ago I turned the ice maker (U-Clr 2160B-40) off. We didn't need the ice. Now, I can't get it to come on again. The indicator panel will just stay at OFf. What should I do?
Thanks ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The on/off button on the far side of the touchpad needs to be pressed and held for 15 seconds to turn the unit on. It's a very long hold so usually people just don't hold it long enough, but if that doesn't work then you can try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to reset the electronics and try again. If it still won't work then you need to replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?