Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Buy microwave panel says f 3 and keeps buzzing, It's 7 years

Customer Question

Buy microwave panel says f 3 and keeps buzzing
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's 7 years old and the model isJnm1851dm388 ge spacemaker
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was leaning it and it started Berlinger. I'm leaving to go away. Is it safe to leave it. Is there something I can do to fix it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was cleaning it. I don't know if I can reset it somehow. All the buttons aren't working
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

So F3 means that your touch control panel has an internal short on your display board. You can try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset but if not then the entire touch control panel would need to be replaced to resolve that issue and the part costs about $160 so it's not a cheap part at all and may not be worth fixing but that's completely up to you. Either way, below is a link to the part if you wanted to order it.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.