Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

G fridge that will not make ice cubes or can i get water out

Customer Question

g fridge that will not make ice cubes or can i get water out of it unless i loosen the filter and then water runs through fine, as soon as i itghten up the filter i get just a driblle, tried 3 brand new filters it seems to have to do with slacking off the filter
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: lg lfx25778sw 1 yr old never been able to get ice and water
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the water flow to the unit is fine you have a bad filter head, those heads that the filter plugs into go bad or get gummed up check valves. You should replace that and then you will be good to go!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.