Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Thermador double wall oven Model 302ZS. We've had

Customer Question

I have a Thermador double wall oven Model 302ZS. We've had the oven for about 8+ years and since day one, it has kicked off the F33 code. We've replaced the board, the thermostat and even all the wiring going into the oven. What else can it be? Could it be the thermostat isn't calibrated correctly? Please advise. Thanks.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's about 10 years old and the model is 302ZS.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it's an easy fix. Not opposed to bringing in a technical expert.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Once the oven triggers the F33, I'll hit the breaker and let it sit for a few minutes. Sometiimes the oven will go back on and we can continue to cook whatever is in the over for the next 45 minutes+ but sometimes after I reset the breaker, it trips F33 again. Very unpredictable.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

F33 means that your upper oven sensor is faulty and will need to be replaced. The oven sensor is mounted to the back wall inside the oven. Open the door and look for the 3-4" long thin metal rod held in by 2 screws. Remove the screws, turn the circuit breaker off to the oven on your house, and then pull the sensor out and cut the wires. Then you can order and splice in a new oven sensor to fix the issue. Typically heat will cause the sensor to act up at first but eventually it will be more consistent and occur all the time. Either way, the sensor you need is part number(###) ###-####which is no longer made. The good news is that these sensors are rather universal and all have 1080 ohms at room temperature so below is one you can order that will work.

CLICK HERE for sensor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.