Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung washer door will not unlock

Customer Question

samsung washer door will not unlock
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Is this a front load washer or a top load washer and do you have the model number by chance?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
front
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i will get the dryer model and get back to you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

OK so to unlock the door if the door won't unlock, you'll need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Unplug the washer. Then you can reach down from the top of the washer to the bottom of the door latch and there is a plastic pull tab on the bottom of the latch which you can pull down on to manually unlock the door.

Other than that, try the washer again and if the washer won't start or the latch won't unlock at the end, replace the latch.

If the washer is filled with water, then the unit isn't draining and that will stop the door from unlocking so you'd have to make sure the drain pump isn't clogged and replace the drain pump if everything is clear.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
330AEBXAA05 is the matching Dryer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

ok I have already given you the answer.