John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The inside glass on the oven door is cracked, not shredded,

Customer Question

The inside glass on the oven door is cracked, not shredded, but cracked. Can we have the door replaced
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We purchased it in 2002. Self cleaning and I think it could be a number 164D3871.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. We have a booklet that explains taking off the door when cleaning the oven. We have never done that, but could follow the directions if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think our only issue is the cracked glass on the door.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 18 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am canceling this.