Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a dual dacor oven. Yesterday someone heated a pizza

Customer Question

We have a dual dacor oven. Yesterday someone heated a pizza and cheese fell on the bottom element. We didn't see it and when we used the oven the next time a small fire started from the cheese. We put it out immediately. Now the bottom element for baking will not heat like before. It get's warm and the temp gage is increasing the element is not getting red hot as before and the over isn't getting as warm.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's at least 10 years old. Double oven. Dacor model # CP52275
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

If you turn the oven onto broil will the broil still heat like normal?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the model is dacor #CP52275
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

OK if broil still works then either your bake element has shorted out or the relay on your relay control board is failing and not sending power to the bake element properly. You'd need to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven, remove the back vent cover panel inside your oven so you can remove the bake element. Pull the bake element out and with a multimeter you need to test continuity. If you don't have a multimeter you can bring it to an appliance parts store and they will test it for you. Either way if the element doesn't have continuity replace it. If it does have continuity, the relay board would need to be replaced. Also, the model number is ***** cps227s and the bake element is part number 82989 if you need one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks,
I got all the screws out except 1. The head stripped.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

That could be difficult to remove unfortunately as I'm sure you are aware. If you can reach in with vice grips usually that's what I do to grab the head and and turn it a quarter turn or so to break it free.