Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Im going to try your decor oven fix. I am guessing the panel

Customer Question

Hi. Im going to try your decor oven fix. I am guessing the panel that needs to be removed is the one on the door itself at the very top above the glass? thank you
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Oh heck its about 15 years old lol The last time this happened a repair person came out and did just that fix. I was not home but my daughter said thats what he did Im looking for the manuals I don't know what model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Am I correct that it is the panel in the door itself above the window
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

This should be a fairly simple fix hopefully but if the unit won't heat at all and the display just shows 135, you need to flip the breaker off to the oven. Open the oven door and remove the screws going into the vent panel above the oven cavity which runs across the door latch on the oven that isn't working. Remove this vent panel and now you can see the door latch. Just behind the door latch is a 1" black and silver device with a tiny push button on it. Push this little plastic push button hard and if it clicks it'll reset your heat. Now flip your breaker back on after re-assembling everything and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is the big panel just above the cavity that the door latch is sticking out of
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Correct. It's the vent panel that the door latch hook is sticking out of. It should just have a few screws going into it that you need to remove.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its all taken care of. American Express held it because they thought the charge was fraudulent
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

did you still want me to call you? If so you can select that option again, but it wouldn't allow me to call you before.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
oh sorry can you hang on a minute i almost have it offyou probably should call
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you going to call
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I can't call, I don't have your phone number or anything. I'll send you the option if you wanted to speak by phone so we can exchange numbers.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?