Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an issue with my kitchen aid KGSS907SSS. When I turn

Customer Question

I have an issue with my kitchen aid KGSS907SSS. When I turn on the oven to bake, it clicks and ignites the flame but continues clicking three more times and then the flame turns off I just keeps doing it over and over, never staying lite.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is an extremely common issue, you just need to replace the spark electrode on the burner manifold for the oven. Once you replace that you will be good to go.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But it's lighting on the very first "click"..... how is the igniter bad?

Because the flame sensor is the ignitor and not sensing the flame so it drops out then tries again or continues to click even though it is lit.