Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Over the range Microwave Hood - outer top cabinet mounting

Customer Question

Over the range Microwave Hood - outer top cabinet mounting bolts, the nut and clip that holds the nut in the top of the cabinet has dropped down inside the hood. I got it out, can it be put back in by removing the back?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You can re-install the nut and clip as long as the cabinet of your microwave isn't mangled, but you do need to uninstalled the entire microwave and then remove all the screws going into the outer shell of the microwave. The outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. The back panel doesn't remove so that is why the entire outer shell needs to be removed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?