Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How can the alarm sounds "charge" or "off to the races" be

Customer Question

How can the alarm sounds "charge" or "off to the races" be turned off or reduced on the Maytag washer Model #MHW3000BW2 ??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: How can the alarm sounds "charge" or "off to the races" be turned off or reduced on the Maytag washer Model #MHW3000BW2 ??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible; I was a mechanical engineer in my working career
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maytag washer model # MHW3000BW2 bought between 3-5 years ago by my sister-in-law. She says the sounds bug her and she doesn't need them going off constantly. Any help in reducing or eliminating would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So unfortunately the MHW3000 and MHW3500 didn't get the option to remove or change the sounds for the alarm or buttons. Only models MHW4000 or above had the option to change the sound so other than physically taking the speaker off the control board by de-soldering it from the board, there is no way to remove or change the sound I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?