Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can I fix racks after cleaning oven with them in? Viking d3

Customer Question

Can I fix racks after cleaning oven with them in?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Viking d3 4 years, I think
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I self cleaned it but the 1st time I didn't remove the racks and they don't slide like they did and are dark
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only other complaint is the t Only other issue is the rubber stoppers under the top grates consistently break. I have complained about this before, I was sent new stoppers, but it keeps happening.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry to say but there is no way to fix your current oven racks. Chrome just doesn't handle the heat from the self cleaning cycle so it actually overheats and it will discolor and no longer remain glossy so the racks won't slide anymore. If you now a place that will dip them in chrome like a car wheel manufacture, they can re-coat them but otherwise you'd need all new oven racks I'm sorry to say.

As for the rubber bumpers, those will continue to break I'm sorry to say and it happens with many high end brand grates because the grates are heavy and if you slide them to much the bumpers break off over time. It's just a poor design.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?