Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When baking a potqtoe on the automatic shut-ooff when pottoe

Customer Question

When baking a potqtoe on the automatic shut-ooff when pottoe was done microwave did nt automatically shut off. In fact I was out of the kitchen and it cconinued running, until I came in the kitchen and found the room filled with smoke. Now, nothing works on this microwave.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model number is ***** I do not know how old it is.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I want to know what qaxtion I should now take to get It back in operartion. Nothing works on it presently. Is there a fuse somewhere that could have shut it down?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So there is a thermal cavity cut out in case the microwave is left on for too long or if a fire occurs inside. The thermal cut out is above the microwave cavity and it's part number 5 on the diagram in the link below. You'll need to unplug the microwave and test continuity through this cut out and if it's open, then replace it.

CLICK HERE to see diagram

Other than that there is a thermostat fuse on the side of the magnetron but you'll need to uninstall the entire microwave and remove the outer shell to access that part. The fuse is part 5 on the diagram below.

CLICK HERE for diagram

If either part is open just replace it and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?