Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung refrigerator freezer does not achieve a cold

Customer Question

My Samsung refrigerator freezer does not achieve a cold enough temperature to keep ice cream frozen. It does make ice. It is set on -8F, the lowest temp. Put it on power cool and the temp did not drop although the panel said the freezer was -24. I suspect there is an electronic problem with the sensor that reads the temp.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry for the delay. Had to get the model number: RF261Beaesr. It was purchased in 2013 but used only seasonally, for about 6 months per year.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This sounds like the freezer thermister is out of range. Here is a link to a new one. I would replace that and give it a try. Note it says Refrigerator sensor, but it is the freezer one.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.