Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Kenmore elite quiet pak 1, model #65942 is take a time to

Customer Question

Hi, my Kenmore elite quiet pak 1 , model #65942 is take a long time to dry clothes .Towels take forever. I'm trying to clean it. how does the back come off.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought it in 2005
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have not cleaned it before. I thought that might help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your dryer. The most common problem and the first thing you should try so that a venting issue on your home is ruled out is to take the vent hose off the dryer and run a cycle and see if the dryer dries properly if so then the vent on your home is stopped up and needs to be cleaned out. However if the dryer still does not dry properly with the vent hose removed let me know and we will go from there, thanks.

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No

did it dry ok with the vent off?