John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Jenn Air oven that has knobs. It's original to our

Customer Question

We have a Jenn Air oven that has knobs. It's original to our house and built in to the cabinet. When we turn the knob to turn on the oven, the buzzer for the timer starts buzzing, even though the timer stopped working long ago and the " "bake" setting doesn't stay on, meaning the "Bake" indicator light comes on and then goes off as soon as I turn the knob and the oven doesn't come on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know the exact model but it's old. We've replaced the elements and other things and it's been working great until this. I would say it's about 30 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IDK. My husband is pretty handy. We have an appliance guy that we use sometimes too.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. Just the knob turns, the "bake" light comes on and then doesn't stay on and the oven doesn't come on then.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 15 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?