Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag French door refrigerator control panel dark. power is

Customer Question

Maytag French door refrigerator control panel dark. power is on interior lights work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: six or seven years old model #mf12569vem1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible yes, have contacted repair service, but no help until 5 oclock
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No except fact that no lights appear on control panel pressing on/off button turns lights on , but they won't stay on.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

If the dispenser isn't working and the lights won't come on for the dispenser, try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work you'll need to order and replace the main control board on the back of the unit. Below is a link to the main control board and it will need programming so I'll give you those instructions as well.

CLICK HERE for control board

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled. LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Still no lights. Appliance repair man will come sometime this afternoon.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

understood and somewhat expected. The main control board would need to be replaced to fix the issue so hopefully the repairman brings one with him. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?