Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Maytag front-load washing machine, model series

Customer Question

I have a Maytag front-load washing machine, model series MHW9000, and the automatic soap dispenser is not feeding soap into the wash. The fabric softener and bleach work fine and I have thoroughly cleaned the detergent reservoir and made sure the tubing is not clogged. What should I troubleshoot next? I am capable of performing my own repairs--I just need guidance as to the most likely culprits.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What I am thinking the problem maybe with your dispenser motor which can be tested. On page 20 of this manual you will see what I am talking about and how to test it.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a508020d133/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10507535%20-%20Rev%20A.pdf

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I really appreciate the manual! But, when I run the Quick Diagnostic, it goes to test C00 and just sits there. The door lock does actuate, and the pump does run, then nothing. If I click the back button, it cancels the test and unlocks the door. How long should the C00 phase of the "quick" diagnostic last?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

how long did you let it sit for? Because the process is supposed to be Door lock motor is actuated. Door unlocks, and then locks again.

Pump is activated for 15 seconds.Pressure sensor is calibrated. Detergent pump is actuated. (To test pump, detergent cartridge must be installed.)

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

It will end once it is complete so if you heard the door lock and the pump operate but the detergent pump did not actuate then that may be the problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I let it continue to say "please wait" until at some point, it shut itself off. I will test the detergent pump.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

let me know how it goes

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going?