Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, a woman has a Samsung icemaker that's not making ice.

Customer Question

Hey Tyler, a woman has a Samsung icemaker that's not making ice. It's a Ref model RF267ABRS. Just a general question. I know that they can get a glob of ice on the right side obstructing the rake. I know that there's a reset button to try first. I also know the tray can crack. Besides using a hair dryer where it globs and changing out the tray, I've heard the fan that blows air up there can die. Is that hard to change out? Also, any other words of wisdom you have about Samsung ice makers. Apparently they ice up a lot and people are told to use a hair dryer, but that seems a lame fix if it happens again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The fan rarely ever fails and really isn't something I would be looking at unless you go up there and realize the temperature is the same as the refrigerator section. The icemaker itself almost always needs to be replaced because it uses a flex tray and it can get stuck which is why you get a glob of ice build up since it won't go back to the home position. I'd check your basic stuck and make sure the water line isn't frozen and the temperature around the icemaker checks good and if all that checks good, it just needs a new icemaker.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great. Thanks, Tyler.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

No problem. Good luck.