Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE wall mount dual oven, purchased 1 year ago,

Customer Question

I have a GE wall mount dual oven, purchased 1 year ago, convection on top regular on bottom. This oven is very slow in heating to set temp. and seems not to maintain an accurate internal temp. I have adjusted the temp with little benefit. Very frustrating for this new appliance. Any suggestions regarding a better performing oven. Does it need a new thermostat ? Thanks for your input. Paul
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

How long exactly would you consider "very slow"?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
On average approx. 45 min. for oven temp to stabilize at a set temp. During the baking process temp may continue to very 15-20 degrees. We are using an additional temp gauge inside our ovens.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

ok, that actually doesn't sound like there is a problem at all for this unit. That sounds normal. That's not something that can be correct. You'd have to get a different oven if you wanted it to work differently. The temp will oscillate 15-20 degrees and that is normal. Ge puts their bake elements hidden which causes it to take longer to heat up and that will be about 25 minutes or so before the oven thinks it's heated, but after that it'll take another 15-20 minutes to stabilize.