Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Happy Thanksgiving. We lost power last night for 9 hours do

Customer Question

Good Morning Happy Thanksgiving. We lost power last night for 9 hours do to the weather, our dishwasher turned on automatically and has not stopped running, all the lights on the key board are lite up and we tried to resent several times with no success.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Model number : PDWT280VOOSS Not sure how to run a diagnostic test cycle?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was going to try first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I run a test ?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your dishwasher. First thing you can try if you have not done so yet is kill power to the unit at the breaker for 10 minutes restore power and see if the board resets, however if it does not and still does the same then the power surge shorted the main board it will have to be replaced. Let me know if you need the replacement board number, if so I will be glad to get you that information.

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top right of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!