John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Jade gas range which I understand is no longer in

Customer Question

I have a Jade gas range which I understand is no longer in production but is serviced by Maytag. Can you help with this brand?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased probably 10 yeas ago. Model RJGR3670A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It has a convection feature that does not work. I would not be doing anything to it myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So you are correct that Jade is serviced through Maytag servicers now. As for convection not working, can you explain exactly what you mean by "not working"? What does the oven do exactly when you select convection mode? Does it act like it's heating? Can you set the temperature? etc...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The temperature setting and regular oven heating are fine. There is a button to push for the convection feature...a fan I think...which does not work. I have taped over the switch and it has been a while since I have tested it. It is at my second residence and I will do a further check when I am there tomorrow.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok just let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looks like I was premature in contacting you. I took the tape off the switch, turned the oven on and when I hit the switch the convection fan came on and seemed to work fine. It was a long time ago that whatever problem I thought I had surfaced. So thanks for your help...think I'm ok.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Alright well I'm glad it's working either way.