Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a model#DU1300TVT8 dishwasher and part #8557720 keeps

Customer Question

I have a model#DU1300TVT8 dishwasher and part #8557720 keeps breaking. Is there some sort of update for this.The dishwasher is a 2011 model
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whirlpool model #DU1300XTV08
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The place we bought it from has replaced it three times alredy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

This part has been re-designed 3 times already and the newest part number for your unit is now(###) ###-#### So it's quite a common issue to fail, but part(###) ###-####is one of the older versions. You will want to order part number(###) ###-#### I've seen this new part fail as well but not as much as it's prior versions. I'm sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.