John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My clothes washer was making a sound that sounded like a

Customer Question

My clothes washer was making a sound that sounded like a slipping timing belt. My washer failed to spin the drum when full of water and struggled to continuously drain the water. It would in surges. I was wondering how the drum/nose cone is driven and how the water gets drained
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag centennial (commercial technology, ecoconserve) approx 4-5yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm industrial factory mechanic. Work should be simple, just unfamiliar equipment
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No more than stated previously
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your washer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It just says Maytag Centennial, (commercial technology ecoconserve) on the front control face
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I just noticed that your responded to me. Your model number should be located on the inside of the door? Also have you taken the back off to inspect to see if the belt has come off?