Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Bosch dishwasher is not draining after the wash cycle. It

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher is not draining after the wash cycle. It will drain after "Rinse and Hold". I have spent nearly $600 on a new computer panel, pump and a third service call to check the drain lines. I am very frustrated. Also, I wash my dishes before I put it them in the dishwasher, so I do not have food clogs.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 10 years old. I have two, actually, and the other runs perfectly.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. i think my guy needs to get back here. He even called Bosch technical support. Model is SHV46C13UC
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My plumber even looked at it. He could not see anything askew with the lines. Wihin the last two weeks we had our sand mound pumpd out and our waste lines cleaned.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

I suspect the issue may not be that it is not draining but that water may be going back into the machine from the drain line or the inlet valve maybe leaking.

1. If you do not run any cycle, does water appear in the tub after a day or two?
  2. Is there a high loop at the drain line connection to avoid any water back flow?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I want to mention that if I run Rinse & Hold, the first Regular Wash after that drains. However, the second time I run it without running Rinse & Hold first, it does not drain. Can the new computer board be faulty?
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Does the pump run when it should be draining?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I do not know. It was replaced 3 weeks ago. When my service guy comes back, I will ask him about the three things you mentioned.
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

If you can, that would be helpful. Thank you!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for your input. I will not likely get this done before the holiday weekend.
Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

That is just fine. You may replay at any time, there is no time limit at all! Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those.