Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool refrigerator double door with a water and

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool refrigerator double door with a water and ice maker. The control panel is making a alarm sound and four of the function keep blinking. the water and ice maker is not working. I looked in the manual and found nothing about this?????"??"
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought this machine in 2014
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends do you know whats is wrong it is a French door bottom mount
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model number is *****
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 13 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
are you from whirlpool?

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need the board in the back of the unit, but they have discontinued it for your model. Here is the part number you may be able to find one on ebay.

W10277808

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The refrigerator is under warranty doesn't whirlpool have this part???????????????????
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I shut off this alarm????????????????????