Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

No temperature display on my GE Profile PSS26MSTE SS.

Customer Question

No temperature display on my GE Profile PSS26MSTE SS. Replaced mother board, still no display
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years old, PSS26MSTE SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Replaced motherboard thinking it would solve the issue, but it didn't. Seems to be working okay other than no display
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

If your display isn't illuminating but the unit is working, then the main mother board isn't the problem. Either your display board itself has failed or you have a bad wire connection to the display. Remove the control panel and make sure everything is plugged in securely and if so then below is a link to the display panel you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for display panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.