Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool Electric Calypso clothes dryer that today

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Electric Calypso clothes dryer that today gave me an F1 error code. Now what can I do to reset it, fix i or is it a repair person job?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I,m sorry. I meant Cabrio. 2006 or 2007 model # WTW6800WW1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. I'm pretty handy and do most of my repairs.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 18 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That means the pressure sensor is out of range, that is part of the main control board. You will need to replace the board in the console to fix that issue. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.