John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Just searching information with our oven. Not sure if we are

Customer Question

just searching information with our oven. Not sure if we are having a problem and just before thanksgiving. Not sure if we should call a repair man or not
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Let me check
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to Kenmore 30 inch free standing gas range
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we used the oven yesterday and we preheated as normal and prepared the meal as usual. While cooking for about 45 minutes of cooking time we noticed the temperature had dropped inside the oven. The oven was a while before we started baking so not sure if that had something to do with it.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Kenmore gas range oven stops heating after about 2 hours.
Temp sensor checked and testing good.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. If the oven has repeatedly done this, it should be diagnosed by a service person as soon as possible, in case a part needs to be ordered and installed. Parts can usually be found at local parts distributors within three days.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.